ConnectiX is committed to providing you with the highest level of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. The purpose of this document is to provide information on how ConnectiX collects, uses and discloses your personal information.
How we collect personal information
ConnectiX collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- From registered list providers (ADMA code compliant)
- Directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in writing, or when you submit your personal details to us through our websites
- From third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives
- From publicly available sources of information
- From our own records of how you use our products and services
- When legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- Provide the services you require;
- Administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- Inform you of the ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness;
- Research and develop our services; and
- Gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service
Your personal information may also be used by ConnectiX to market its products and services to you. If you do not wish us to contact you for marketing purposes, please call +61 2 8017 9050.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the products and services you require, ConnectiX may disclose your personal information to organisations outside ConnectiX. These organisations include:
- Outsourced service providers
- Your representatives (eg: your authorized representatives or legal advisers);
- Credit providers for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing;
- Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers; and
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
Help us ensure we hold accurate information
ConnectiX takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to large extent on the information you provide. That’s why we recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- Keep us up-to-date with changes to personal information such as your name or address.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please telephone between 9.00am and 5.00pm AEST Monday to Friday:
+61 2 8017 9050
Alternatively, you can write to us at GPO Box 232 Sydney NSW 2001 Australia